Research Blog #7

 A concept that strongly helps me analyze and explain my project is the concept of "human capital". The source that has helped me the most with this concept is Melinda Cooper's, "In Loco Parentis". Human capital is the skills that each individual has and how it helps the society or world that they live in. I am using the concept of human capital to help my project by using it in terms of education costs. To help defend why tuition costs should be lowered, I use the need for human capital. Cooper writes how "spending on human services such as an education should be considered an investment rather than an act of consumption". By investing in the education of the population of America, we are actually creating a better and more educated society, which will help everyone overall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scouting the Territory

Initial Topic Idea

Research Blog #9